Ready for some keto culinary magic? With this recipe, you’ll learn how to turn five common keto ingredients into soft, fluffy, and delicious bread in just 90 seconds!
After learning this trick, you will no longer have to sift through unsatisfying low-carb bread products (that are hardly keto-friendly or not bread-like). Plus, you won’t have to bake a full keto loaf every time you have a craving for grilled cheese, a sandwich, or toast with butter.
Grab an egg, keto flour, baking powder, butter, and parmesan cheese — Let’s make some quick keto bread.
Tips for Making the Best 90-second Keto Mug Bread
This recipe is one of the rare keto-friendly bread options that you can adjust based on the rest of your keto meal. Size, shape, flavor, and the number of servings can all be changed to make the best keto mug bread:
● How to Create the Perfect Keto Bread Slice
Find a microwave-safe bowl, dish, or mug that will mold your bread batter into the right shape. Your bread will match the shape of your container, so make sure it isn’t too small. For example, If you prefer a square or rectangular slice of bread, try using a square ramekin or baking dish instead of a mug.
It is also important to leave plenty of space at the top for your bread to expand (or else you might end up with a muffin top). Your cook time may vary depending on the shape, so make sure the bread is firm and springy before taking it out.
● Enhance the Flavor to Match Your Keto Meal
Many 90-second keto mug bread recipes come with a slightly eggy flavor, so we decided to add parmesan cheese. This gives each slice a more satisfying, savory taste that pairs well with almost any keto meal while masking any egginess.
You can also try experimenting with other keto-friendly flavor enhancers that match your meal. For example, try adding a teaspoon of garlic herb seasoning for a delicious keto burger bun — or use everything bagel seasoning for the perfect low-carb breakfast sandwich.
● Adjust The Servings Based on Your Low Carb Bread Needs
This keto mug bread recipe will yield the perfect amount for a quick keto sandwich or two pieces of toast. To scale the recipe up for six slices, the ingredient ratios will shift a bit:
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
You’ll need a larger mug or container ( with at least a 16 oz capacity). Cook for around 2 min and 15 seconds, and add another 15 seconds if it isn’t fully baked yet.
If you want to make even more keto bread slices, I recommend making a full loaf instead. To learn how, check out our other popular keto bread recipes.
What to Eat with Your Keto Mug Bread
The best thing about this 90-second keto bread is the fact that you can use it as you would a traditional slice of bread.
Here are some of my favorite ways to have this keto mug bread:
- Keto toast (with coffee or tea) — This bread tastes amazing toasted with a pad of melted butter or cream cheese. To toast, stick it in your toaster oven or use a pan/skillet preheated with butter.
- Low-carb grilled cheese
- As a dinner roll to have with your keto meal (add some garlic butter and toast!)
- Make keto french toast
- Use it to soak up the flavors of your favorite keto soup
- Make a low-carb sandwich for lunch
- Cook up a keto breakfast sandwich with a fried egg and bacon
- Get a bit fancy with keto eggs benedict
- Slice very thin and give a hard toast for a crispy accompaniment to any meal that needs texture
What are your favorite ways to eat keto bread? Leave a comment below and let us know!
How to Store Your 90 Second Keto Mug Bread
If you are not going to eat each slice throughout the day, you can store it in the fridge for about a week in an airtight container. You can also pre-slice and freeze your bread to preserve it for longer.
Whenever you want some keto bread, just take it out of the freezer or fridge, toast, and eat!
Yields 1 serving of 90 Second Keto Bread
- 3 tablespoons almond flour, can be subbed for 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Prep your ingredients. Melt the butter if needed by microwaving in intervals of 15 seconds.
2. Add all ingredients into a mug, ramekin, or another microwavable dish.
3. Mix the ingredients together well. Make sure that the mixture is smooth and there are no clumps.
4. Microwave for 75-90 seconds or until the bread is firm. Depending on your microwave, it may be best to start at 60 seconds and then increase the time from there. If you microwave the bread for too long, it will become very dry and hard.
5. Run a knife along the edge of the bread and remove from your container. Slice as needed.
6. Optionally toast the bread in a pan with a small amount of butter. Use to make sandwiches, eggs benedict, or just a quick side dish!
This makes a total of 1 serving of 90 second keto bread. It comes out to be 341 calories, 29.6g fat, 3g net carbs, and 14.6g protein.
|3 tablespoons almond flour||122||10||4.5||2.6||1.9||4.4|
|1 tablespoon butter||102||12||0||0||0||0.1|
|1 large egg||72||4.8||0.4||0||0.4||6.3|
|2 tablespoons parmesan cheese||44||2.8||0.4||0||0.4||3.8|
|1/2 teaspoon baking powder||1||0||0.3||0||0.3||0|