Here’s a quick and easy recipe that you can mix up in a few minutes to make some extremely tasty, spicy, and tangy keto BBQ sauce.
I really like the tang you get from BBQ sauce, but this might be a bit much for people! Go easy with the mustard when you’re adding it, and gauge how much you should add by your own taste preferences.
This is one of my all-time favorite keto condiments and low carb BBQ sauces because I can whip it up in an instant and it’s no-hassle. Non-keto people enjoy it just as much as I do, and I highly suggest you try it too!
Yields 10 tablespoons of Spicy and Tangy BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup reduced sugar ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
1. Find a small mixing bowl and add your ½ Cup of Reduced Sugar Ketchup.
2. Add your Louisiana Hot Sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, liquid smoke, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder. Mix well.
3. Add some extra cayenne pepper if it isn’t hot enough. I like my BBQ sauce tangy and full of heat.
4. Add a little bit of mustard. I usually go with 2 tsp., but test it before you add too much.
5. Add your cumin and mix well.
6. Keep mixing it until all lumps are out and it is up to your taste.
Per Tablespoon of sauce it will be: 10.36 Calories, 0.13g Fats, 1.69g Net Carbs, and 0.54g Protein.
|Spicy and Tangy BBQ Sauce||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|½ cup reduced sugar ketchup||73.6||0.4||16.32||3.36||12.96||4.16|
|1 tablespoon Louisiana Hot Sauce||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2 teaspoons yellow mustard||6||0.33||0.58||0.4||0.18||0.37|
|1 teaspoon liquid smoke||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce||4||0||1.09||0||1.09||0|
|½ teaspoon garlic powder||5||0.01||1.13||0.1||1.03||0.26|
|½ teaspoon onion powder||4||0.01||0.95||0.2||0.75||0.12|
|½ teaspoon chili powder||4||0.19||0.67||0.5||0.17||0.18|
|½ teaspoon cayenne pepper||3||0.16||0.51||0.2||0.31||0.11|
|½ teaspoon cumin||4||0.23||0.46||0.1||0.36||0.19|