Normally I’m one of the very few people on this planet that actually says, “I hate avocados.” I just kept seeing so many people loving them and loving them, so I decided to give them a try again.
When I was growing up, I actually had an avocado tree and I just never liked the taste, texture, or really anything about the suckers. But lately I just wanted to like them so much that I bought a bag. Boy oh boy, my tastes have changed or something because I really love them now! Salt and pepper alone on them makes them good enough to just eat raw.
So I was searching around for a few new ways to accommodate to an avocado-centric lifestyle and came across an avocado stuffed with egg salad. Sounded good enough to try, so I did. Added a few spins of my own and this was the end product. A delightfully delicious and fresh lunch that is super quick to make and super easy to eat.
If you’re wondering how to get great eggs when you boil them (trust me, I used to be the best at ripping off half the whites by the time I was finished peeling them) then check out my post on How to Boil Eggs. I’ve never had a badly peeled egg since I started using this method!
Hope you guys enjoy!
Yields 6 servings of Egg Salad Stuffed Avocado
- 6 large hard boiled eggs
- 1/3 medium red onion
- 3 celery, ribs
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 medium avocados
1. This recipe is super fast and simple. You’ll have to have pre-made hard boiled eggs, though. If you need help making them, take a look at the article I wrote on how to make hard boiled eggs.
Start by prepping the ingredients. Lay out 3 stalks celery, 1/3 red onion, and your 6 hard boiled eggs onto a cutting board.
2. Chop all of the ingredients up into bite size chunks. You can vary in size of chunks to add different textures throughout.
3. In a bowl, add all of your ingredients. The vegetables and eggs, 4 tbsp. Mayonnaise, 2 tsp. Brown Mustard, 2 tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice, 1 tsp. Hot Sauce, 1/2 tsp. Cumin and Salt and Pepper to taste.
4. Mix everything together well until it’s all combined and the ingredients are distributed well.
5. Slice open your avocados using a sharp knife. Hit the pit of the avocado using the knife and twist to remove it. If you want a cheap and pretty awesome chef’s knife, check it out on amazon. Seriously, they have everything on that site!
6. Spoon the mixture into the hole of the avocado and add a little more hot sauce. Add chives to garnish if you’d like and eat! In the photo I don’t use that much eggs salad, but I highly suggesting adding some more egg salad to it for a fast and easy lunch!
Per each half avocado stuffed with egg salad, you’re looking at 280.57 Calories, 24.83g Fats, 3.03g Net Carbs, and 8.32g Protein. Add a bit of salt and pepper on top with a little extra fresh lime juice and you have a great lunch!
|Egg Salad Stuffed Avocado||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|6 large hard boiled eggs||429||28.53||2.16||0||2.16||37.68|
|1/3 medium (36.3 g) red onion||15||0.04||3.39||0.6||2.79||0.4|
|3 medium (120 g) ribs celery||19||0.2||3.56||1.9||1.66||0.83|
|4 tablespoons mayonnaise||520.4||56.76||0.92||0||0.92||2.32|
|2 teaspoons brown mustard||6||0.33||0.58||0.4||0.18||0.37|
|2 tablespoons fresh lime juice||8||0.02||2.59||0.1||2.49||0.13|
|1 teaspoon hot sauce||1||0.02||0.08||0||0.08||0.02|
|½ teaspoon cumin||4||0.23||0.46||0.1||0.36||0.19|
|3 medium avocados||681||62.87||35.25||27.7||7.55||8|