Variety sure is the spice of life. This recipe has three tasty components that come together nicely on the palate: the spicy garlic shrimp, cauliflower rice, and spinach and mushroom mix.
This dish is perfect for when you don’t know what you feel like having. Spicy, garlic-infused shrimp provide protein and are virtually carb-free. As they are sauteed, the shrimp also get well-done and slightly charred on the outside while remaining juicy and flavorful on the inside.
Traditional risotto is made from high-starch rice and is incredibly carb-heavy. Cauliflower rice is the carb replacement for this meal, and it goes so well with the rest of the elements that you won’t miss the rice at all! This recipe also makes an extremely creamy cauli rice with butter and three types of cheeses: cream cheese, cheddar, and parmesan.
To lighten up the flavors, the spinach and mushrooms tie in nicely to add some fiber and veggies to the dish. The recipe calls for cremini mushrooms, but you can always substitute them for shiitake, oyster, or button mushrooms. Mushrooms are a powerhouse of nutrients, and while they are low in calories, they are high in fiber, plant protein, and antioxidants.
This risotto has the perfect protein, fat, and veggies ratio and is sure to keep you satiated and coming back for more!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Spicy Shrimp & Cauliflower Risotto
Shrimp & Cauliflower Risotto:
- 4 cup cauliflower rice
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 16 ounce shrimp, peeled + de-veined
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Spinach & Mushrooms:
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup cremini mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tablespoon spinach
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients.
2. In a frying pan over medium heat add the butter and cauliflower rice. Stir and let cook for about 5-8 minutes.
3. Add in the cream cheese, white cheddar cheese, and parmesan cheese. Turn the heat down to low-medium and stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. On a plate, season the shrimp with cajun seasoning and paprika. Cook the shrimp in a frying pan for about 2-4 minutes on each side or until they turn light pink in color.
5. In a frying pan over medium heat, add in the minced garlic and the cremini mushrooms. Sautee for 2-4 minutes
6. Stir in the spinach and cook until it starts to get wilty.
7. Serve the spicy shrimp with the cauliflower risotto and spinach mushroom mix. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Spicy Shrimp & Cauliflower Risotto. Each serving comes out to be 386 calories, 24.4g fat, 5.9g net carbs, and 35.4g protein.
|4.00 cup cauliflower rice||100||1.2||20||8||12||7.6|
|2.00 tablespoon butter||203||23||0||0||0||0.2|
|3.00 tablespoon cream cheese||149||14.8||1.8||0||1.8||2.7|
|1.00 cup white cheddar cheese||495||40.8||3.8||0||3.8||28|
|0.25 cup parmesan cheese||108||7.2||1||0||1||9.6|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||8||0||1.9||0.1||1.8||0.4|
|16.00 ounce shrimp||386||2.3||0||0||0||91.2|
|1.00 teaspoon cajun seasoning||4||0.1||0.8||0.3||0.5||0.2|
|1.00 teaspoon paprika||6||0.3||1.2||0.8||0.4||0.3|
|1.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||4||0||0.9||0.1||0.9||0.2|
|2.00 teaspoon butter||68||7.7||0||0||0||0.1|
|0.50 cup cremini mushrooms||11||0||1.6||0.2||1.4||1|
|1.50 tablespoon spinach||1||0||0.1||0.1||0||0.1|
|Per Serving (/4)||386||24.4||8.3||2.4||5.9||35.4|